Azure App Transformation
Silicus Azure app transformation services enable enterprises to move existing applications from on-premise infrastructure to the cloud, and achieve greater agility with access to cloud platform capabilities. As part of a broader cloud adoption approach, application workloads can be migrated with minimal changes or modernized from the ground up for maximum cloud benefits.
We help enterprises achieve quick success in their cloud transformation journeys by moving application workloads to the cloud with minimal changes to the architecture or code base. This is typically the case for data center migrations.
- Lift and shift Migrations (Re-Hosting)
- Re-platforming & Re-Hosting
We help businesses modernize their existing applications to take full advantage of cloud native features by re-architecting their applications from the ground up. We bring strong technical expertise that includes:
- PaaS & Container Architectures
- Agile & DevOps driven Development
Our Azure app transformation services ensure seamless and reliable transitions that avoid the three most common issues faced by organizations that don’t get it right – downtime from a failed migration, degraded user experience or compromised security posture.
We help our customers envision various application and deployment architectures incorporating security, integration, governance, and total cost of ownership. Through envisioning, we help customers develop a template for decision making.
- Define transformation goals
- Envision cloud architectures
- Establish decision matrix
- Determine outcome measures
Assessment & Planning
We work closely with our customers to assess and rationalize the application portfolio in their current-state environment, prioritize the business value from transformation and develop specific initiatives and plans.
- Discovery deep-dive
- Portfolio rationalization
- 4R Decisions – re-host, replace, re-platform, reengineer
- Create transformation plan
This is a multi-phase program, comprising of app modernization to cloud-native applications (Refactoring & Reengineering), lift-and-shift migrations (Re-platforming and/or Re-Hosting), and replacement of legacy applications unfit for the cloud with 3rd -party solutions. Typical initiatives include:
- Application re-engineering and modernization
- Application lift-and-shift migrations
- Application DevOps transformation
Manage & Operate
Once transitioned to the cloud, the application and the underlying cloud services need to be continuously monitored, managed and optimized. We work closely with customers to undertake responsibilities that best serve their business needs by providing options for:
- Continuous App Development
- Managed Services for Infrastructure & Platform Ops
- Managed DevOps (Full Responsibility)
Cloud Application Transformation Program
Our Cloud Application Transformation Program is a collection of ready-to-use blueprints, architectural best practices, and delivery processes for guided delivery. Leveraging structured programs enable us to deliver faster outcomes and execute with predictability and confidence.
Templated and workflow based approach to discover, analyze and plan:
- What applications are ready and should be moved to the cloud?
- How should they be moved to the cloud?
Architectural considerations covering critical elements in a cloud transformation journey:
- Technology & Platform
- Security & Compliance
- Performance & User Experience
- DevOps Toolchains
Progress tracking, monitoring and measurement to track outcomes:
- Delivery strategy & Program Management
- DevOps Adoption
- Transition & Change Management
Support post-transformation operations with joint responsibility for:
- Cloud Application CI / CD
- Managed Infrastructure & Operations
- Governance & Optimization