About the Client
The client is the world's leading organization for chemical engineering professionals, with more than 50,000 members from over 100 countries.
The client allows chemical engineers to access information on recognized and promising chemical engineering processes and methods, connect with a global network of intelligent experts and find learning opportunities from recognized authorities.
Most client subscribers work in remote chemical factories with poor/no network coverage.
Client shared a glossary-database with Silicus and wanted to develop an offline-application for smartphones (android and iOS) and tablets that would help chemical engineers to look up specific industry-terms.
Need help with an iOS Application Development project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus developed a Hybrid Mobile Application on “Ionic” hybrid mobile app framework with following highlights:
- Application was made available on iOS and Android operating systems and different browsers with only one-time coding
- Application is responsive to variety of device sizes including tablets and mobiles.
- Works offline – no internet required
- Application has three sections: Glossary (main menu) – term’s meaning is displayed when term is clicked, Recent (history), and Favorites (bookmarks)
- Supporting functionality via Functional Logic include: Search and Clear
- Silicus added the support for showing images in the terms’ meanings for better explanation
USP Of the Application:
- Outstanding UI/UX: the application is quite simple to use, looks neat, and has fast performance due to meticulous finish, avoiding extra data/image load. Images provided are also colored enhancing UX
- Reusability: Silicus provided the client with the source code of the application. So if client wanted to add the same Glossary-model for its other/new vertical, it could easily do so by making basic changes to logo, headings etc. in the source code
- Easy addition/removal of glossary terms: client could also add or delete any term in the glossary through source code
- Works Offline: the application works pretty fine with its simple and fulfilling features in the offline mode. Even the images provided are light and stored locally
Scope of Instant Enhancement in Future:
- In-app purchases : advanced application features offered on paid basis as app-upgrade
- Social sharing : content available for sharing on social media
- Multi-lingual glossary : application content can be made available in different languages as per the requirement
Android Studio, Android SDK, (for Android) and XCode 7, iOS 9.1 (iPhone); PhoneGap 5.3.6
Application runs smoothly on smartphones (iPhone and Android) and tablets.
Same application can be used for any other vertical simply by making branding changes to source code