About the Client
The client is a leader in business process and customer management outsourcing, IT and professional services, with over 200 clients worldwide across various industry sectors including energy and utilities. They are market leaders in customer management services for North American utility companies, with over 1,700 employees serving large and medium-sized clients. The client runs customer-facing processes on behalf of many utility companies and also provides services for improving customer-facing systems and processes.
As a rapidly growing organization with a large pool of knowledge-based workers, the client needed a solution to manage their internal content and collaboration operations. The company was looking for an intranet solution to facilitate content sharing and distribution across multiple departments.
The client wanted to implement an intranet site based on SharePoint Foundation 2010 within the organization. This proposed SharePoint portal would extend to other departments once the initial implementation and pilot portal was completed.
Based on these challenges, the client engaged Silicus to implement an intranet solution using SharePoint Foundation 2010. Mockups of the SharePoint intranet were presented to the client. Initial configuration and content upload was performed as part of the implementation and the Silicus development team conducted testing and user training prior to launch.
The client wanted the portal to be designed with a look and feel consistent with their branding and requested the following features be developed:
- Home page including development of custom components
- Customized sites for each organizational department
- Landing pages for each of the six departmental sites
- Search configuration
- Initial content configuration and upload functionality
- Training for site users and training administrator
Need help with a SharePoint Intranet Implementation project?Contact Silicus Sales
By applying their proven Agile Development Methodology, Silicus’ development team delivered the completed SharePoint portal per the client’s expectations and within the proposed timeline.
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Server was installed and deployed on the client’s intranet, with Silicus ensuring a smooth transition of all user content and data. The initial configuration and setup was performed according to the specific needs of the business.
The Silicus development team designed and executed a project plan to implement and integrate the SharePoint Portal within the client’s IT environment. Completion of the project involved the following modules and activities that covered the entire scope of the SharePoint implementation:
- Portal Branding – The client’s corporate logo and branding were applied to ensure familiarity to end-users and integration with their current IT environment.
- Home Pages – Home page was designed with custom web parts per the client’s specifications.
- Departmental Site Setup – Departmental sites were provisioned for six of the client’s BPO departments. The respective departments now share knowledge, post information and collaborate on tasks.
- Preliminary Setup – Initial configuration and upload of basic information was performed to ensure the solution would immediately be ready for use after launch.
- End User Training – To facilitate a smooth transition and adoption of the new portal, Silicus provided employee training for the initial group of users and administrators of the new SharePoint intranet.
ASP.NET, C#, jQuery
SQL Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008 R2
SharePoint 2010 Foundation Server
Tools / Libraries
Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration
Silicus delivered a fully functional SharePoint portal that met their content and collaboration needs. Employees across the organization can now securely collaborate using the portal. The intranet helped improve the quality of service delivery and increased operational efficiency.
Flexible and Modular Platform
The client reaped the benefits of utilizing SharePoint to improve their internal knowledge sharing and collaboration. The portal offers the client a powerful infrastructure to deploy an effective content and collaboration strategy within their departments. The client now has a scalable infrastructure which can be expanded to meet their growing technology needs.