About the Client
The client is a social e-commerce website that offers an online collection of brand-centric women’s merchandise including jewelry, handbags, cosmetics, and home décor. The client’s business is inspired by a Japanese shopping concept fukubukuro, or ”lucky bag sale,” in which a shopper purchases a mystery bag filled with fashion products and trades the items online with their friends. These shoppers take an interactive quiz and are offered a personalized mystery bag filled with women’s beauty products and accessories.
The client wanted to build an automation suite to test their e-commerce application in order to increase test coverage, improve accuracy, and decrease time and effort involved in performing manual testing. However they faced challenges, as the application could not be tested using pre-defined test data. The application’s business logic is based on the stock of products available online for buying and trading and the client needed to automate the system dynamically. Their requirements included:
- Automate critical scenarios for regression testing
- Integrate a test management and bug-tracking tool within the automation tool to update and track test results
- Open case logs using the tracking tool for failed instances
- Run the test suite using the continuous integration tool, which can be scheduled to run for regression testing
Need help with a Selenium Test Automation project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus successfully built the automation suite to test the client’s e-commerce application. The solution highlights include:
- Silicus designed a framework using the Selenium tool to assess the complete test automation suite to work on dynamic values and provided reusable functions.
- Silicus provided a solution to use TestLink as the test management tool integrated with Selenium using the TestLink Java API. The client provided a bug tracking tool – Redmine.
- Silicus provided a solution for running the test automation suite using Jenkins, a continuous integration tool from which the test suite could be scheduled to run on time-specific intervals.
3rd Party Integration
Tools / Libraries
Selenium - WebDriver
Builds & Release
Reduced Time and Effort
The client benefited from Silicus’ unique reusable framework which was designed to run the test suite in a timely manner. The integration between the test automation suite, test management tool and bug tracking tool eliminated the need for manual data entry.
Efficient Regression Testing
Leveraging the test automation suite built by Silicus, the Client’s ongoing regression testing efforts and costs are significantly reduced.