About the Client
The Client is an industry leader in delivering a complete range of rehabilitation, health, safety and injury management solutions.The Client partners with patients, agencies and therapists to expertly identify services that will be best suited for achieving a timely, cost effective and sustainable outcome patients.
The Client’s role is that of a Clinical Coordinator between the “Referrals/Patients”, “Agencies” to whom these referrals contact for getting a suitable therapist in their vicinity and finally “Therapists” who will be treating the patients.
Earlier, the client followed a manual procedure to handle workflow details between the patients, agencies and therapists. This involved lengthy physical forms for its patients, prone to errors, was time consuming and hard to maintain.
Automation involved a traditional Windows Application and Microsoft Access into which data from forms was manually entered. The client was looking to develop an integrated web application that could automate employee data capture, processing and tracking.
Need help with a Healthcare Intranet Development project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus faced challenges in understanding the entire workflow, which was complex and had to develop the web application taking into consideration minute details of the Clients work structure.
The web-based application was developed using ASP.NET MVC4, architected as a Software as a Service (SAAS) solution deployed on Microsoft Azure. Security and authentication features were built in as part of the “multi-tenant” architecture.
The application had the following features and functionality:
- Patient approaches the Agency with detailed prescriptions, who in turn contacts the client to findasuitable Therapist; Patient details are captured in the web application at this point in time
- After entering patient details, the application shows an area map displaying therapists in that area, with the ability to send service requests to suitable therapists
- Once a therapist accepts the request, the web application provides the ability to send assign the patient to respective therapist
- Once the appointment is done the therapist uploads the follow-up documents in the application and notifications are sent to the Client. If the Therapist doesn’t input post visit documents, this is also notified as an Alert to the Client.
- Invoice tracking and payments are managed by integrating “QuickBooks Online” to schedule deliverable invoices for the Agencies
The different modules included in the Web Application were:
- Patient Details
- Therapist-Patient Pairing and Management
- Invoice tracking and payments
- Notifications, Alerts and Emails
Visual Studio 2013
SQL Server 2012
3rd Party Interfaces
QuickBooks Online (For Invoice & Payments)
Automated End to End Business Processes
The client was able to optimize and automate their workflow by effectively managing patient and therapist profiles, appointment details, work assignments, agency contacts etc.
Simplified Financial Transactions
QuickBooks Online automated financial transactions with features such as Invoice/Sales Receipts, set up automatic email reporting, attach files to bills, sales receipts, estimates, invoices, check, credit card expenses, and cash expenses
Greater Customer Satisfaction
The business of the client revolves around their patients and therapists, the web application improved the serviceability and performance, leading to better services delivered.
One Click Reports
The web application helped generate and view appointments, patients and agency related reports that can further be exported to Excel and PDF on a single click.