About the Client
The client provides operations management consulting services to the Life Sciences and High Tech industries. It focuses on operational excellence, manufacturing, quality operation and supply chain management.
The client’s mission is to improve the overall operational performance of its clients by reducing costs, increasing productivity and improving overall organization efficiency.
The client was using a legacy application for storing data on any new drug or chemical “samples” that were released by its clients i.e. – Life Sciences Companies. This application was a “Quality Assurance” module that stored test related data and results for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Managing and using the data was time consuming and tedious due to the lack of automation in several work flows and processes. The client turned to Silicus to help architect a modern web based solution that could automated several processes.
Some of the challenges encountered during the development of the new web based QA application were:
- QA application Integration with 3rd party applications
- Integration between Spring and EXT-JS
- Ability to configure the application for access by leading pharmaceutical companies having different requirements
Need help with a Java Application Modernization project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus was engaged to develop a web-based application, used to manage lab work schedule of the clients customers.
Silicus implemented the following features in web-based QA application:
- A form, which maintains check-list of all sampling needs in the lab
- Provides a centralized web portal to view all pending activities, including testing, reviews, lab support activities and unavailable events
- Provides a platform to record unavailable events such as vacations, meetings, training and overtime
- Application integration with 3rd party Oracle Apps, for file retrieval and uploading into the batch record of the QA application, through secure FTP uploads. Further, assign the batch record to the reviewer.
- Annual product reviews includes the LIMS report, implementation review, testing review and the final approval on the product review.
- Access resource work allocation details in the work center to track the work status
- Reporting tool that provides users, supervisors and managers with key performance indicators and reports on cycle time, on-time delivery, lab output, efficiency, and more
SQL Developer 4
Spring, Ext-JS & Oracle Apps
Driving Process Adherence
The QA application re-engineered and automated the labs’ business processes, which resulted reduction in overall turnaround time.
The QA application streamlines the lab workflows with collaborative task. It allows employees to process a greater level of work in a shorter period of time by automating routine tasks. Additionally, the application increases throughput by eliminating the errors and blockers.
Employees can publish high priority messages through the application whenever needed.
Cost & Roi
The application significantly reduced operational costs within a short span of time, thereby paying for itself.
Greater Competitive Advantage
Facilitated faster and better decision making by providing various KPIs and reports related to cycle time, on-time delivery, lab output, efficiency, and more