About the Client
The client is a US-based Healthcare information solutions provider and hosts a medical portal web application, an efficient tool for communication and information exchange amongst medical professionals and providers. Hospitals, practitioners and physicians can register, login and exchange information in various multimedia formats on various topics related to prescription drugs, diagnosis, medical technology, research, treatments and more.
Medical practitioners are pressed for time and require information at the point of care via mobile devices. The existing web portal was difficult to use on a mobile device. The client needed a mobile app to enhance portal accessibility and improve user experience on mobile devices.
Need help with a Healthcare iOS App Development project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus developed a native mobile app to capture and enhance all of the features available on the web portal. The highlights of Silicus’ solution were:
Native Mobile App Development
- Silicus executed a complete solution redesign; retaining the inherent features while improving the usability and responsiveness of the application on mobile platforms. The mobile app can be installed on all iOS devices.
Multimedia Information Exchange
- The mobile app supports the exchange of multimedia information (e.g. text, images and video) across various formats.
- Integrated, easy-to-use features like pre-built communication templates, parameter-based quick search for providers and push mail notification service.
Information Archiving Facility
- The information exchanged between the providers is archived on the server for future reference and auditing purposes.
Secure Communication Protocol
- Each physician is provided login credentials and exchange of all information takes place on a secure communication network.
Java (JDK1.6), Objective C
Mhealth App Facilitates Better Access to Information at The Point-Of-Care
Mobile version of the application provides physicians with improved accessibility as information is made available at the point-of-care.
Allows Physicians to Connect to Large Number of Peers
Physicians are able to connect to physician groups and communities. Depending on their requirements, they can search and participate in any kind of medical information exchange.
Robust Mobile Application
The mobile app was tested across various iOS versions and devices in the ‘Silicus Mobile Device Lab’ - a mobile center of excellence with highly trained and qualified SMEs utilizing an inventory of leading mobile devices and tools.
Audit logging and secure login features ensure that the solution incorporates security and privacy guidelines specified in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).