About the Client
The client is a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications in industries such as refinery, petrochemical, biofuels, environmental, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical.
The client wanted to revamp the testing process for its customer facing applications. Coming from a hardware engineering background, the client sought expert software testing skills needed for functional and load testing of its application.
Our testing experts helped the customer navigate through a process driven, repeatable test strategy that included the following:
- Test plan document creation that defines the test strategy / objectives / dependencies / test environment etc.
- Test case writing and execution, with special focus on core functional modules
- Test environment set up using Team Foundation Server(TFS)
- Load Testing test case executions were done manually by monitoring the device while it is “ON” verifying its responsiveness
Apart from creating a repeatable process that the client could take over and leverage, our testing experts uncovered 84 issues within the current application during the execution & exploratory testing phase
Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Windows Embedded CE
- Created a repeatable and tested process that the client could leverage across multiple application versions in future
- Client now has the right test artefacts for the priority modules for functional, smoke or build verification testing