About the Client
The client is a third-party healthcare agency that receives and processes the prescriptions of patients who qualify for Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs) sponsored by pharmaceutical manufacturers. They help patients to relieve a portion of the medical debt burden and facilitate healthcare providers to recover the cost of medicines administered.
The client’s CRM system receives, saves, and manages patient information, including Patient Enrollment (PEID), Case (CID), and Case Detail (CDID) and adds it into PAP eform in Adobe PDF format. It further forwards the information to EchoSign - an online signature service to review, edit, approve, and sign the filled PAP eForm, which is then saved in SharePoint.
The CRM system wasn’t completely automated, requiring users to work on paper-based PAP forms to complete the review and signature process. Redundant information from templates of different insurance companies further complicated filling up the form.
The client approached Silicus to develop an application to:
- Build workflow for approving forms
- Provide ability to add attachments during approval
- Facilitate PDF editing of the eForm during reviews
- Replace the eForm in the Adobe PDF format to Active PDF
- Provide capability to send and save eForms in the respective case folder in SharePoint
Need help with a Healthcare Software Development project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus developed the new features and automated the workflow as per client requirements. A standalone plug-in module was developed that integrated into Microsoft Dynamics CRM, with the following functionality:
- Allows PDF Editing and restricts field edits as per the workflow
- Saving forms within specific SharePoint folders
- Integration with Sfax
- Enables automatic sending of the signed eform to the drug manufacturer
The Dynamics CRM instance was further customized to facilitate:
- Merge patient details from its end on the eForm
- Run the processing logic to merge and save relevant data from CRM to the templates
- Link every CRM unique identifier with EchoSign
Silicus also developed the format for the e-forms, facilitating conversion of paper forms into electronic Adobe forms (PDF with editing capability).
SQL Server 2008 R2
Visual Studio 2010, Dynamics CRM 2011 on-premise, .NET Framework 4.0, ASP.NET Web Forms 4.0
Tools / Libraries
Dynamics CRM 2011 Web Service APIs, SFax APIs, Active PDF, EchoSign
Business Process Efficiency
The application automated the eForms management workflow with better process tracking and monitoring. Further, the time required for the process was significantly reduced.