About the Client
The client is a training provider for Operator Qualification (O.Q) and provides operator services to the energy industry including oil & gas, utilities, distribution and power generation enterprises. Their training programs enable contractors and evaluators to be up-to-date with applicable regulatory standards in their respective fields. The client’s online system provides prompt access to contractor qualifications, with complete backup documentation available for every qualification.
- Allowing operators to manage project-based requirements of their suppliers
- Modifying the interface for operators to access the project compliance system, and manage contractor and internal employee requirements
- Allowing contractors to include additional requirements for internal employees
- Categorizing projects by type
Need help with a SaaS Maintenance & Support project?Contact Silicus Sales
The client engaged Silicus for its proven application outsourcing services and extensive expertise in Microsoft .NET. The highlights of application enhancements till date include:
- An interface is offered to create independent projects.
- Methods are given to define project requirements.
- An interface is provided to search for vendors / contractors as per project requirements, where current vendor / contractor status against project requirements is available.
- View contractor status with reference to project requirements.
- Capability to define project owners, and administer and monitor users who have access to the operator’s projects.
DEFINED OQ AND NON-OQ PROJECTS
- An operator is able to track projects that do not require O.Q Task Qualifications.
- Capability to define projects that include regulated and non-regulated activities
- Improved user experience by project definition screens modified using a step-by-step wizard. The project definition steps can be sequenced differently for different project types.
DEFINED OTHER PROJECT ATTRIBUTES (RISK REQUIREMENTS)
- Operators have the capability to define additional attributes that represent project requirements due to any risks present.
- These attributes are associated with one or more project types. Therefore while defining a project, only those attributes associated with the specific project type are displayed.
STREAMLINED CONTRACTOR SELECTION PROCESS
- When adding contractors and inspection companies to a project, the operator will be able to search for contractors with their status against all types of project requirements leading to informed decisions.
SQL SERVER 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008
3rd Party Integration
Tools / Libraries
TFS (SCRUM Template)
TFS (Burndown Charts)
Extensive Features for Better Service
With the modified operator interface and other system features, operators can easily manage the service requirements of suppliers which are project-based. Furthermore, they can easily view and locate contractor details that suit their project specifications.
Informed Contractor Selection Considering the Project Requirement
A user-friendly project compliance system, it is a one-stop shop for both an operator’s and contractor’s internal requirements for sub-contractors. Being an industry leader in comprehensive operator services, the client was able to add features that allow instant access to employee and contractor qualifications, with the required backup documentation available for each one.
Enhanced Engagement among Employees, Contractors And Users
The enhanced system works as a cohesive entity for all types of users associated with their respective industry segments.