About the Client
- A privately held corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells lighting products
- Largest online lighting retailer in the US with a network of large ecommerce sites and store locations
- Product portfolio includes portable lighting, fixture lighting, home décor items and a variety of other related products
The client operated several ecommerce storefronts with different themes and targeting different customers for home furnishing. Each of these portals were operated independent of each other, although there was an overlap in the products being sold. This lead to duplication in effort, and also manual errors in assigning rules and making changes to each portal.
The client wished to drive all the web portals from a single product database at the back end with a single interface for managing and updating each of the storefronts.
Need help with an E-commerce Platform Development project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus designed a best-in-class software platform to deliver e-commerce storefronts globally, supporting high volumes of customers and transactions across internal and third party systems. The online platform is a structured collation of five functional web applications, each having its own Server, domain and scalable Database.
Web applications were built and continuously upgraded using the latest .NET framework, platform and technologies that includes ASP.Net for development, MVC to implement the architecture, WebApi to integrate the different applications and SQL Server for the database technology.
The following e-commerce websites were developed:
- A complete end to end lighting, furniture and home decor website that offers 1000s of attractive products for consumers and professionals like builders and interior designers. Includes shopping cart, wish list, secure payment system and order processing.
- An ecommerce portal that offers best in designer home furnishing and décor. Includes shopping cart, wish list, secure payment system and order processing.
- A website for selling items that are returned to the warehouse. Includes shopping cart, wish list, secure payment system and order processing.
- A website that offers European style lighting and furniture. Includes shopping cart, wish list, secure payment system and order processing.
Windows Server, IIS Web Server
- All the websites work in tandem as a Robust Platform, linking the client’s multiple vendors and customers with its complex architecture and rendering their business online comprehensively. These websites shares a common site framework that helps in data flow seamlessly between database and web sites.
- These websites are fully SEO compliant in order to be searched by all major search engines.
- Sites are hosted on Orcsweb and Rackspace servers and are fully load balanced in order to provide 24/7 availability.
- Silicus have been associated with the client since June, 2013 adding new features, making enhancements and support for existing functionality. Silicus also provides production support during US night hours.