About the Client
The client is a Premier Print Organization managing several commercial printing companies across the United States. Each company offers complete range of general commercial printing services, and functions autonomously to meet local market and customer needs but retain the resources and economies of scale that come from being part of a larger organization.
As a result of rapid growth through acquisitions, the company lacked standardized processes for conducting sales activities and effectively sharing information, and suffered from cumbersome, time-consuming reporting processes. After studying its current situation and evaluating future needs, the Client decided to deploy a customer relationship management (CRM) solution to better share information, simplify sales processes, and increase sales efficiency.
The Client required that the new CRM solution be built on the latest technologies, easy to use, backed by a strong support network, and come from a stable, proven provider. Equally important, it had to integrate with Microsoft® Office programs, which the Client uses extensively.
The Client evaluated several service providers and decided on Silicus for the following reasons:
- High degree of responsiveness and agility during the RFP phase
- Deep Microsoft.NET platform expertise and experience with migration to a web architecture
- Strong technical skills and the ability to acquire and apply new technical knowledge
- Functional knowledge of CRM
- Cost advantages of working with an offshore development model for custom development
- Established local presence
Need help with a Dynamics CRM Implementation project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus helped the Client in evaluating several package CRM Solutions, among them Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The Client decided in favor of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the following reasons:
- Better integration with Microsoft Office programs
- Compatibility with existing internal technology platform
- Ease of use
- Intuitive and user-friendly software interface
Silicus delivered customization and implementation services to achieve the task at hand:
- Silicus conducted functional requirements gathering sessions, followed by a package selection process. Based on the required features and enterprise technology platform, the client selected Microsoft Dynamics CRM as the package of choice.
- Subsequently, Silicus conducted business process reengineering sessions with the client, including understanding current processes, with the involvement of functional experts to bring forth best practices.
- Infrastructure experts completed the planning and installation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile for the Client.
- Once installation was completed, Microsoft Dynamics CRM experts customized the application to conform to the client’s business processes. Additionally, Silicus trained the Client’s trainers, administrators, and management on using the application.
Initially, Silicus helped implement the solution for two pilot divisions within the company, including data migration and end user training. Subsequently, the Client’s internal team rolled out the application to additional divisions.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM
CRM Package Implementation
By implementing a CRM Package, the Client enjoyed the following benefits:
- Ability to view, update and share sales information across sales & marketing teams and management;
- Shortened sales cycle and improved close rates with leads and opportunity management
- Ability to capture and analyze business metrics more accurately;
- Better insight into competitive effectiveness such as win/loss results;
- Increased sales representative efficiency.
Leveraging Microsoft Dynamics CRM
By implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM the client realized the following benefits:
- Efficiency - Increased sales process efficiency using customizable workflow rules for automated sales processes, quote creation, and order management;
- Accessibility – Ability to work with Microsoft Outlook client or the web version to access full sales functionality online or offline with Microsoft Outlook, or from any location using a web browser;
- Mobility – Ability to work with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile to quickly manage account information, add and organize business contacts, schedule important meetings, and track existing sales opportunities—all while working from a Pocket PC or Pocket PC Phone Edition with Windows Mobile 2003.
- Customization and integration with other products and services.
- Integration – Powerful integration with other corporate applications including e-commerce solutions using flexible .NET technologies and integration tools inherent to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. In addition, superior integration with Microsoft Office products allows for greater user efficiency and productivity.