About the Client
The client is a full-service online marketing provider focused on building custom solutions with technology, bandwidth, and industry-leading expertise for businesses, franchisees, brands, products, and events. The client helps businesses improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing campaigns through hyper-local targeting, audience profiling and segmentation, data analysis and thoughtful optimization.
As a small yet fast growing business, most of the client’s processes and workflows weren’t digitized. Campaign publishing and feedback collection were managed over email, phone calls and Excel / Word documents. With growing clientele, the client felt the need develop a campaign management system to automate several processes and workflows.
Some of the features and functionality the client looked to develop included:
- Facilitate ad submissions to publishing platforms (Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Link user attributes (age, gender, geography, etc.) to ads
- Track and display periodic campaign/ad performance metrics (clicks, impressions, spend, etc.) and store the information for report generation
- Collect ad metrics from Yahoo! Bing Google through integrations
- Facilitate activity tracking on customer websites
Silicus developed a web based campaign management system on the .NET platform, leveraging ASP.NET MVC web application framework, SQL server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for hosting. The application had a responsive layout, i.e., it ran on multiple devices (mobile, tablets, and desktop).
- The application enabled creating various end customer (client’s customers) profiles, including campaign related information such as budget, impressions, and target fields
- The platform facilitates text/ image based ad creations, and defining user attributes
- Created unique ID’s for each customer’s campaign - tracking ID and URL, based on combination of ad parameters
- Ability to export data residing in tables to a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file
- Client would send the CSV file to advertising companies for ad publishing
- Once published, ads were visible on the ad platforms
- Silicus implemented a Data Aggregator which is a Windows service and a Reporting database (data warehouse) using SQL server 2008 R2 Analysis Services for collecting and storing customer / campaign related data
- A user tracker system called Pixel Tracker was developed, for tracking user activities on customer websites. The data was stored in the reporting database
- Data Aggregator accumulated and summarized data from different sources — automated reports/statistics and manual report data from ad publishers and data from Pixel Tracker
- Reporting database is a data warehouse, with data arranged in cubes with various data slices available via Microsoft tools
- Reporting Viewer module could read cubes to make reports visible to end users
Microsoft .NET 4.0
Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio Business Intelligence Studio
SQL 2008 R2, SSAS
Greater End Customer Satisfaction
The new platform helped the client offer high quality digital marketing services to its end customers, backed by enhanced visibility, analytics, reporting and collaboration.
The platform automated several routine manual tasks and workflows, helping the team focus more on servicing their end customers with their expertise.