About the Client
The client is a leading provider of software solutions to the services industry, including construction companies, HVAC companies, the elevator industry, refrigeration contractors, electricians, mechanics, air conditioning plumbing heating companies etc.
The client’s “service management software” package empowers business automation to the organization and drives overall productivity and profit. The key functions of the software include service dispatch, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales and marketing, counter sales, purchasing and inventory, job costing, payroll, and wireless capabilities.
The client envisioned a low cost and lower maintenance platform to migrate their application from desktop to SaaS (Software as a Service). The key challenges encountering the client was the herculean task of data management during the migration and providing a rich user experience. The client also intended to have a hybrid solution, which can be accessible remotely.
To successfully counter the above challenges, the client required a trusted partner with rich expertise and wide experience. The client selected Silicus as the best choice to deliver the project based on our proven skills and capabilities in architecting and delivering high performance, high traffic SaaS applications.
Need help with a Desktop to SaaS Migration project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus successfully developed and migrated the entire desktop based service automation application of the client to SaaS using cutting edge technologies.
- Keeping in mind the client’s responsive UX requirement, Silicus UX experts designed a user friendly front end featuring an interactive dispatch board with easy to use functionalities to help its customers easily adapt to SaaS.
- Designed and developed the Multitenancy feature in the service automation application to allow access to multiple customers cost-efficiently and securely.
- Quickbooks was integrated within the service automation application for better accounts and payment management.
- Service automation application was equipped with multi-lingual features to cater to different users.
- Distributed architecture was designed for the application to impart more scalability and improve the performance.
- A CRM inventory module was created to enhance the lifecycle management and efficiently keep a track of sales leads.
SQL Azure/MS SQL Server
3rd Party Interfaces
Kendo UI, QuickBooks
Visual Studio 2013/15
Lower Operational Cost
The SaaS based service automation application designed by Silicus helped the client to achieve economies of scale, thereby, reducing the overall cost. Further, cloud based application deployment reduced running, maintenance and support costs as it almost eliminated physical infrastructure requirements.
A SaaS based model reduced time taken for maintaining and upgrading software versions at different sites, enabling the client to focus on the core business operations, which led to higher productivity.
Since, the application developed for the client is web based, it is regularly monitored, even from a remote place. Further, the data checks and data backup is easy to carry out in less time. All this helped the client to enhance the security.
Greater Customer Satisfaction through 24/7 access
The cloud based application helped the client’s end users to access it anytime and from anywhere. Further, the client was also able to leverage multi-device functionality of the application with the feature of tailored access depending upon the individual.
Moving to SaaS benefited the client with regular up-gradation directly from the SaaS provider. With it, the client now will be able to use the latest version every time, thereby, continuously improving the scalability.