About the Client
The client is a leading provider of technology and services for managing large and middle-market employers’ health and benefits programs. It provides enrollment, eligibility management, and a range of other plan administration services to three distinct markets: employers, insurance brokers, and healthcare exchanges.
The company’s open systems approach brings together the industry’s most advanced benefits technology platform with the market’s leading domain experts. This agile business solution drives greater value to employers and employees during increasing market uncertainty by giving them an unprecedented level of flexibility, through best-of-breed integration of other software and service providers.
To ease data management and reporting, client was looking for an end-to-end data warehouse solution that can help them improve performance of their multiple client databases and offload reporting from their production server. Their primary business requirements were:
- Improve the database performance
- Simplify data model to ease the report generation process
- Offload reporting from production server to a data warehouse
After evaluating several vendors, the client selected Silicus for:
- Demonstrated track record in SQL Server Data Warehousing Consulting Services
- Microsoft Gold Partnership that gives us early access to latest tools, technologies, and best practices
- Flexibility & ability to come up with innovative solutions to specific business problems
Need help with a Data Warehousing & Power BI reporting project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus started with a Data Warehouse Architect, Developer, and a Project Manager. Our service offerings included:
- Business Requirements Gathering
- Data Integration
- Build a Data Warehouse Data Dictionary
- Dimensional Data Modelling
- Custom Reporting
- Data Quality Analysis and Validation
- Proof of Concepts (PoC’s) of different Visualization Tools (Power BI and Logi Analytics)
Silicus added more value with ideas for continuous improvement, including:
- PoC’s of data visualization tools - Power BI & Logi Analytics for future implantation
- Built a scalable data warehouse that can accommodate different data sources
- Implemented role level security that restricts access to defined clients/employees
Power BI, Logi Analytics
SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012, Transact-SQL
Implementing the data warehouse and simplified data model eased report creation for the client, enabling custom report generation to meet client specific needs.
Data Performance Optimization
With advanced SQL functionalities, Silicus optimized the client’s database performance, making the data available easily and quickly.
Reduced Load on Production Servers
We helped the client offload data extracts and reporting from the production server, and removed server dependency for SSIS packages as now they can be accessed from the data warehouse.
Role-level Secured Access
We implemented role-based security so that users have access only to approved client databases, ensuring complete security and avoiding unauthorized access.