About the Client
The client is a software development and consulting company that provides technology and process consulting, services and solutions to product development companies. With a focus on delivering enterprise applications that are user-friendly, intuitive and flexible, the client combines technical and functional expertise with creativity and innovation in the areas of PLM, ERP and CRM. They are leaders in open-source, product lifecycle management (PLM) software development and provide end-to-end PLM services using the onsite-offshore development model for Oracle Agile, PTC Windchill, and ARAS.
The client wanted a PLM workflow management tool integrated into their legacy application to track, manage and automate workflow tasks and display project activities. Because their tasks were performance-critical, they required an efficient and reliable PLM workflow management tool that would provide:
- A summary of project activities and workflow tasks
- The capability to provide details for project activities and workflow tasks upon request
- Filtering of activities and tasks based upon user-selected criteria
- Sorting and grouping of detail data
Need help with a Software Product Development project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus designed a PLM workflow management tool based on state-of-the-art technologies including .NET 4.0, Parallel LINQ, and XML LINQ extension libraries to implement the processing logic. The key features of the tool include:
Cutting-Edge Technology With .NET 4.0, PLINQ, And XML LINQ
- The solution was implemented using .NET Framework 4.0 to utilize parallel processing capabilities and provide compatibility with the legacy application
- Use of Parallel LINQ allows the application to run faster
- Business process logic determines how data is created, stored, and changed in the voluminous data processing application with the help of XML LINQ extension libraries
UI Implementation With TELERIK Controls
- RadGrid was used to build a richer and more efficient UI. It displays a summary as well as details of workflow/project activities. The RadGrids are dynamic in nature and load per user-configured settings including default column sorting
- Implementation of RadComboBox for filtering
UI Performance Optimization
- AJAX-based service implementation to reduce response time and implement use cases, which are sequences of actions performed by a user.
- A Business Extension Library, which includes wrapper classes on top of existing business layer libraries, and contain APIs to extract data and commit the updated values back to the client’s database
- Implementation of jQuery to streamline the client-side scripting of HTML
ASP.NET Framework 4.0
ASP.NET, AJAX, JQuery
Visual Studio 2010
Tools / Libraries
Telerik Controls library, Parallel LINQ
The development of a reliable and efficient tool integrated with the legacy application accelerated and optimized data processing.
Impeccable UI Experience
The revised UI implementation with Telerik Controls provided a superior user experience and boosted the efficiency of the client’s application, resulting in performance improvements.