About the Client
- A privately owned real estate development firm spanning investment, development and custom construction projects.
- Has developed over 1 million square feet of commercial and residential space.
- Strong building and construction domain capabilities spanning Site Acquisition, Project Due Diligence, Zoning/Planning, Engineering/Design and Construction Scheduling
The client planned to launch a new Construction Project Management software platform which coordinates every aspect of the building process from end-to-end. Using their expertise in construction management they wanted to create a cloud enabled platform that would simplify the entire real estate development process.
They approached Silicus with plans for a SaaS based product that would manage the entire value chain involved in real estate development projects - from contractors to owners/developers to financial investors. The unique capability of this new software was that it would enable the different stakeholders to monitor and control both cost and scheduling of a construction project.
The client also wanted to build a mobile app to enable mobile access to the application.
They approached Silicus with a high level set of requirements to develop a software product with the following features:
- Cloud hosted, subscription based software built for web and mobile (iOS/Android) platforms
- Users can customize functionality based on access levels and permissions
- Complete offline functionality with automatic updates when there is connectivity
- Custom Dashboards based on specific user needs. Users can be added to multiple projects.
- Multi-tenant solution that can be customized for Private and White Label products
- Capabilities for Critical Path Project management, Financial Management and Risk Mitigation
Need help with a Cloud Software Development project?Contact Silicus Sales
ANALYSIS AND ARCHITECTURE DESIGN
Silicus business analysts worked closely with the client’s senior leadership to understand the vision and develop a product roadmap. For implementing a cloud enabled web architecture, Silicus recommended the .NET framework as the most suitable technology to develop a multi-tenant SaaS offering. The benefits of this proposed technical architecture were:
- Provides a loosely coupled tiered architecture by dividing the application into Data access layer, User View Layer, Web service layer and Business Logic layer
- A web application based on the MVC pattern gives the benefits of Modularity/Separation of concerns and being highly testable and extensible
DEVELOPMENT & TESTING
Agile Scrum methodology was employed to complete tasks in a sprint driven incremental manner with each sprint resulting into a sign-off driven measurable outcome. This approach encouraged visibility, flexibility, and client feedback driven changes even late in the process.
The system development was followed by ‘Integration testing’ and client driven User Acceptance Testing across browsers, devices and platforms to ensure a smooth product launch.
AZURE CLOUD DEPLOYMENT
The application was deployed and configured for the Cloud using the Microsoft Azure platform that delivered the following advantages:
- Low upfront infrastructure costs and maintenance overheads
- Cloud enabled application infrastructure ready to “scale as you grow” from day one
- Single platform for hosting web and mobile product versions
- Azure is an extensible platform that can integrate with hundreds of third party apps
ASP.NET, HTML 5, CSS3, Java7, Objective
.NET, Angular JS, Bootstrap
Visual Studio 2013, Android SDK, Xcode, Azure SDK
Microsoft Azure, Azure File Storage
Builds AND Release
SAAS Product Development & Innovation
- Silicus’ ability to deliver enterprise class market ready SaaS solutions was demonstrated by the high quality product developed on time and exceeding the client expectations
- With uniquely customized features and a scalable architecture, the client could release an innovative product with potential to capture the large construction collaboration software market
Cloud Enabled ROI
- Azure cloud development helped the client minimize initial infrastructure investments and focus on making a great product
- The solution can integrate easily with several third party cloud apps creating potential for future extension of the product’s capability and scope for widespread adoption