About the Client
The client provides a software platform that manages the benefits packages of 150 plus organizations and over 1.5 million plan participant accounts to securely store, support and manage them. The platform provides real-time access to eligibility, beneficiaries, billing, communications and reporting data. The solutions of the Client integrated proprietary and commercially available technologies into a single system. The technology uses an exclusive core system that’s uniquely customizable to the each client’s specific needs.
- Benefit Workstation (BW) and Employee Self Service (ESS) applications were already in production and were used by employees for raising tickets for issues pertaining to their benefits in the company.
- These applications came to Silicus as part of support and enhancement, the challenge was to understand the application without any user manual and guide
Need help with a PHP Application Maintenance project?Contact Silicus Sales
Silicus was engaged to provide support and enhancement to BW & ESS applications, by addressing enhancement requests raised by Client’s technical team and BA. The following modules and features were supported by Silicus:
- In BW application, developed using Microsoft.NET, all business rules and data logic were defined along with configuration settings, system variables and parameters for ESS application
- ESS is the Front –end , developed using PHP, used to manage benefits, where admin can search any employees, access their details and view benefits
- In ESS, the end customer’s employees can add/update their personal details, dependent information, department information, select desired insurance plan and review beneficiaries
- Single sign-on (SSO) is the latest functionality implemented by Silicus which gives access to both internal users (employees, contractors) and external users (partners, customers) to access information through the cloud, mobile and on-premises apps from any device
C# & PHP
MySQL & SQL Server 2012
Visual Studio 2010
One Shop for Complete Benefit Administration
The enhanced BW application from Silicus provided a complete end-to-end solution for Benefit Administration, for employees of different companies to effectively manage their insurance plans.
On Time Enhancement Roll Outs
All enhancement tickets and change requests were handled efficiently, leading to the tickets being resolved within the timelines, also applications on production were updated with patches, after rigorous testing.
Better Turn Around Time
With outsourcing of support and enhancement work, the turnaround time for ticket resolution has been reduced by proper ticket management process, thereby increasing efficiency.
Single Sign On (SSO) Benefits
- Provide one click app access for employees, business partners and customers without integration hassles
- Improve security by eliminating the use of easy-to-remember, reused and/or improperly stored passwords
- Reduce helpdesk volume from forgotten passwords and device enrollment